If you have been turned away by other facilities because of your race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, please don't give up! Reach out to us - we can help!
Door To Serenity welcomes those who welcome recovery and are living sober. Door To Serenity is based on the 12 Steps, the guide through which we live and operate in life. Not only do they help us make the initial changes required for sobriety, they keep us on the path as we move through a life lived in recovery. We consider these the keys that open the Door To Serenity.
The 12 Steps we took and now live by
1. We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The 12 attributes
The House Contracts
Your contract with us:
We're ready to welcome you with open arms and we're so excited that you're prepared to take this important step in your recovery. And to protect you and the other people who have entrusted us with a part of their journey, we do have some rules to live by. They're meant to make sure that we all operate on a level playing field and with everyone's safety and sobriety as a first rule of consideration.
By clicking on the button below, you will be able to view and then download a complete copy of the Harbor House Client Contract which outlines most of the house operating rules and procedures. Please read and consider this document carefully as it will become a major part of the structure of your life during your time with us.
If you do not have a printer and would like to email the director an abbreviated application to start the process, please click below and you will be taken to an email form option. You will be asked to sign a fully completed version prior to residency.
Our contract with you:
Our commitment to your continued sobriety and well-being is a strong one. The list below highlights just some aspects of the "Care Contract" that we offer ALL who come through our doors: